Under the UGC sponsored scheme remedial coaching class for ST/SC and minority community students, the college received funds for four (4) years: 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2006. Classes were conducted for the students of this college from Monday to Saturday outside the college routine. The details of the remedial coaching classes conducted are:
- 22.6.1999 to 26.11.1999 for BA I students.
- 19.7.1999 to 20 11.1999 for Class XI Science students
- 01.06.2000 to 27.11.2000 for BA I & BA II students.
- 01.06.2001 to 12.11.2001 for BA II & BA III students.
- 05.06.2006 to 26.10.2006 for BA I, BSc I, BA III & BSc III students.
The remedial coaching classes immensely helped the students to perform well in the University examinations. Dr CJ George was the co-ordinator of the above mentioned programme.
After 2006, though we were not getting fund for organising official remedial coaching classes, every department of the college has been identifying weak students in the respective subject and conducting remedial coaching classes voluntarily.